Secil is a business group, which operates in the areas of cement, ready-mixed concrete, aggregates, mortars, prefabricated concrete and hydraulic lime. The group also includes other companies operating in complementary areas such as environmental protection and the use of waste as an energy source.
Secil, a company originated from Portugal, expanded over the past two decades to other markets. It currently operates three cement plants in Portugal (Outão, Maceira and Cibra) and is present in Spain, Angola, Tunisia, Lebanon, Cape Verde, the Netherlands and Brazil.
Through its eight cement plants and its presence in eight countries on four continents, Secil has an annual capacity of cement production of over nine million tonnes.
Semapa is the owner of the entire capital of Secil. Semapa is listed on Euronext Lisboa and part of the PSI 20. The majority shareholder is the family Queiroz Pereira.
This industrial group operates in the areas of forestry, pulp, energy, paper, the environment and cement. Semapa is the majority shareholder of The Navigator Company, Europe’s largest producer of bleached eucalyptus pulp and the world leader in uncoated white paper. Semapa is also the majority shareholder of ETSA, a waste management company engaged in the collection, storage and treatment of animal by-products.
Secil is an international company of cement and building materials, aimed at creating value for the shareholders, employees, customers and partners. Secil utilizes resources in a sustainable way, offers high quality and innovative products, through the excellence of employees and the respect of the community.
Secil aims to extend its impact to new geographies and markets, offering sustainable construction products and solutions, to improve the quality of life of society.
- Demonstrating competence, focusing on a permanent search for quality of the products and services that are offered.
- Operational efficiency through optimization of the use of human, financial and natural resources.
- Being attentive to the social and environmental impact.
- Acting with integrity, in accordance with principles of ethics and transparency.
- Being credible and reliable by assuming and meeting commitments to customers, shareholders, employees and the society.
- Assuming the commitment to share knowledge, experience and good practice, which all enhance the value of the group.
Trust and Collaboration
- Create trust in all interactions by acting proactively, transparently and meeting expectations, by suiting the action to the word.
- Developing close relationships that empower cooperation and value creation, internally and in the community and celebrating victories achieved collectively.
- Accepting the individuality and diversity of others and the communities in which we operate.
- Anticipating future needs and recognising opportunities.
- Developing know-how for innovation in all areas.
- Creating value through curiosity, ambition and initiative and through differentiation, by giving form to ideas.